(Barcelona, 1946) received the Ph.D. in Architecture from the School of Architecture of Barcelona (UPC). He is Full Professor of Urbanism and Regional Planning at the School of Architecture of the Vallès (UPC). He was also director of this School (1999-2002). From 2005 to 2008 he was the first Director of the new School of Architecture of Malaga (EAM). He was president of the Catalan Regional Planning Society (SCOT) from 1993 to 2002 and was a member of the Polytechnics Foundation Board of Trustees from 2002 to 2007. He served as Head of Urban Planning Services and Management for the Barcelona City Council in the preparations for the Barcelona Olympics (1989-1992). He is member of different local organizations concerning town planning, tourism and landscape. He was one of the authors of the General Metropolitan Plan of Barcelona (PGM) from 1974 to 1976, among other Master Plans all over Spain. In the year 2003, he was awarded the Catalonian Town Planning Prize, for the Revision of the Master Plan of Torroella de Montgrí. He has published diverse books on town planning, tourism and landscape as well as many articles on these subjects in Urbanismo, Lotus International, Geometría, Papers, Urban and Quaderns. He has lead with Josep M. Vilanova the Territorial Sectorial Housing Plan for the Housing Department of the Generalitat de Catalunya.